Sunday, December 16, 2012

Crazy time

Sorry I have been missing from the blog.  This week has been beyond crazy.  Quick update:

1.  Jury Duty  I spent half of Tuesday at jury duty -  Here is how that went down:  The case was a civil case that was going to go until Dec 21 at the earliest but it was likely that it would not be done by then and would start up again on Jan 2.  After all the potential jurors were in the court room and 16 were being considered, we took a lunch break.  At that time the judge said that he would hear hardship requests.  I went before the judge and told him I would be happy to serve until the 21st but after that I was on a two week family vacation that our family had been looking forward to all year.  I was totally honest when he asked if I could come back early and said, "anything is possible, but I prefer not to."  I can't believe it but he let me go!  Thank goodness because with what is going on at work, it would have been a disaster if I had been on jury duty all day.....I would have been working all nite.

2.  Grace appendix  Grace has had abominable pain on and off for two weeks.  It started up again on Friday and she came home from school.  Because the pain is in the area of her appendix, we went to the doc and spent 3 hours there on Friday nite getting an ultrasound.  Turns out the ultrasound was inconclusive - they could not find her appendix!  We are going to continue to watch it.

3.  Work is nuts  I can not even begin to relay the craziness that is going down at work.  But I can tell you I worked on a report yesterday morning (Saturday) from 5 am to 10 am.  Then reviewed emails for 3 hours in the afternoon and worked for another hour in the evening.

4.  Good morning Coyotes  So after being up yesterday at 5 am working, I decided that this morning, I would sleep in.  Yea right!  Today at about 5:45am, I awoke to a screeching dog that sounded like it was being attacked.  It made me sit straight up in bed!  It came from the side of the house, so Jim and I jumped out of bed to see what had happened.  I went out and started walking around the neighborhood in my camo jammies.  Right behind the house, I ran right into a coyote!  I think what we heard was the coyote yipping right outside our bedroom window.

5.  Playoffs  This week is Fantasy Football playoffs and I am in them!  So I have to make sure my team is ready to play.  I have two probable and one questionable player!

6.  Other   Also this week is Drew's birthday, anniversary party planning, holiday shopping and planning and I am still trying to get in a workout every day.  Honestly.....I need some time off.  I feel like I am crawling thru quicksand trying to get to my vacation.

No comments: