Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Nerdy Hoodlum

This morning I took the dogs for a walk a little later than normal because I wanted to see Grace off to her second day of middle school.

When I walk them later than normal, there is way more traffic then I am used to.  That includes cars, bikes and foot traffic. 

I am out walking and watching and listening to the busy lives around me. 

All of a sudden I hear a kid approaching behind me on a bike.  He was singing some kind of hoodlum type rap song that I did not recognize and from the deepness of his voice I though he must be an older teenager.  Then, while still approaching me he yells out "oh F**K!".  And I think, "great, a trashy teenage hoodlum riding his bike to school".  I expect to turn around and see a burly, grumpy 16 year old with saggy shorts and a long black t-shirt, riding a too small, but oh so cool, BMX bike.

IMAGINE my surprise when I looked and it was:

A very nerdy looking, clean cut 12 year old boy wearing glasses, plaid shorts and a collared shirt with a backpack bigger then him on a very geeky looking Schwinn bicycle!

I totally cracked up!  What I had heard did NOT match what I was seeing!  I chalked it up to that weird transition time in Junior High!

No comments: