Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Free Food!

I have a new CEO at work and she is shaking the place up!

She is changing strategy, process, products and culture all at the same time.  It's what I would call the "all in" approach.  She is not going to try to make small changes, a little at a time, hoping that they, in turn, will cause other positive changes.

One of the first things she did was start providing free food!  What do I mean by free food?  I mean EVERYTHING in the cafeteria and the coffee bars is free:

Main courses (pasta, burgers, burritos)
Pizza
Sandwiches
Soup
Sushi
Chinese food
Salad bar
Fruit
Indian food
Dessert
Chips
Ice cream bars

And best of all.....FREE rice krispy treats!!

People are going crazy.  Today I watched a woman put so many croutons on her salad that it had to equal half a loaf of bread (we used to pay for our salad by weight)!   Then, a guy sat down next to me with a plate piled high with bbq chicken, chow mien, rice, broccoli and corn bread!

I was pleased that I only had half a sandwich and a salad....and a rice krispy treat!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, when are we doing lunch? T.