Friday, January 06, 2012

Not again....

I really need to slow my life down. When you are running around like a maniac, you do stupid things....like forget to bring your pants to the gym in the morning!

The funny thing is....when I was working out this morning, I was doing some introspective thinking about my like. I was listing out all the things I am involved in on a regular basis:

Team mom for Gracie's soccer team
Fulltime (plus some) employee
Mom of two very active kids
Mentor at work
Chair of the "families with kids with special needs" group at work
Wife
Mom of two needy dogs
Grant writer
Board member of a charitable organization
Blogger
Athlete (ok - I use this term only because I don't know who else to say I work out 5 to 8 times a week - athlete makes it sound more significant then it really is!)
Host of TNDC
Vacation Planner
Logistical Guru
Financial Planner

So I am working out and thinking of all this stuff and thinking about what I would remove from the list. And I am not willing to give up any of it. That's when I say to myself, "well, you can't ever say, you don't have a full and rich life.....and you can manage all that stuff....just keep plowing forward."

That was before I realized that because of all these commitments, I sometimes miss the little details such as making sure you have a pair of pants for work!

Anyway...I do some quick problem solving and decide to just wear my yoga clothes - that I keep in my office - for the day. But first, I have to put on my sopping, sweaty, wet workout pants on to get to my office! ICK! Then I use the socks that I keep in my office for daytime walks and go to the company store to buy a tank top to wear under the sweatshirt I have!

I look quite sporty today at work. Luckily it's Friday and people are super casual on Fridays --- NOT yoga casual --- but at least its not suits and tie day!

The worst part about this whole thing is I can't go to yoga at lunch. I mean really....I would be doing yoga in the clothes I am wearing and then come right back to work in the same clothes! That's too weird!

No comments: