Sunday, March 07, 2010

RUN!

Today was our big race day! We were all pumped up and ready to go. Even though my partner (Gracie) didn't do any training, she SMOKED me! Here are all of our approx times:

Runners:
Chris (AKA: Mr Cindy) - 25 min
Gracie and Bug - under 30 min
Cindy - 30
Mari - 30
Chris (me) - 32

Walkers:
Deb and Tina - ??? But here is a pic of them RUNNING across the finish line!

Everyone was pleased with how they did and we were happy we did it for such a good cause - post partum depression. It was an interesting experience, running with all those people at the same time - they had about 750 runners. I didn't get a good pace for myself until the last 1/2 mile. The rest of the time I was dodging and passing people. I couldn't totally space out and get in the zone like I normally do. It felt a little frantic.









After a good race, you need a good picnic! We had salami, cheese, crackers, fruit, bugles, flamin' hot cheetos, pb and j, cookies and garlic garlic dip and veggies!





This was our support staff. All the guys rode over to cheer us on and join the picnic!

No comments: