Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Run Mom Run

Tonite as I put my last bite of tuna casserole in my mouth (mine didn't have any tuna in it), Drew says to me, "I want to go for a run, mom go with me." What? I just stuffed my face and he wants to run? So what is a good mom to do??? I told him to wait 20 minutes and then I would go!

I haven't run with Drew for about 3 years. Back then, he would run a block and get a stitch in his side and want to stop. Back then, he was about my height. Back then, I could whip his butt in distance.

Now.....he runs twice as fast as me (literally) and probably can run four times as far as me!

But it was really fun to run with him. We did two miles and I totally upped my pace in an effort to close the gap between us. We both did it effortlessly, which is a great feat for both of us. But more than that it was a great memory for a mom and son. The son is growing and the mom is working as hard as she can to keep up!

And neither of us barfed up our dinner.

No comments: