Monday, March 08, 2010

Official Time

I spent the last 24 hours talking to myself about whether I liked doing the 5k race. And I determined that I liked the social part of it, I liked the picnic, I liked the whole reason for the event.... But I really didn't like the run part of it. It was too chaotic and frantic. I couldn't get into a groove and be in a zen like running state. So I came to the conclusion that I probably won't ever do another 5k.

But then....I got the official results and saw my time of 31.53 which equates to a 10.16 minute mile. And suddenly I was ready to sign up for another one next weekend! I want to see if I can beat my own time!!!!

I am sick...I have no business doing 5k's. I have hip, knee and foot pain.

Time to go talk myself out of looking for the next 5k!

No comments: