Monday, October 26, 2009

What a weekend!

Sitting back at my desk on Monday morning, I can not believe what a whirlwind the weekend was.

It all started early Friday afternoon when Jim called and reported he truck had broken down. Jim had afternoon duty with the kids. With the most critical item being the need to get Drew a haircut or he was going to be thrown out of school! So I leaped from my desk and went running out to take over while Jim tried to get his truck towed to Palo Alto by 5:30.

The towing part should have been easy....but it wasn't. The first guy got his truck halfway up on his flatbed and then declared that it was too heavy. He back in off and left Jim there to call another tow truck. By the time the second tow truck got there, it was 5:30 and the shop was closed. So it got towed to our house. Then, on Sunday morning it got towed to the shop where his "worth his weight in gold" friend, Pablo met him and helped replace his fuel filter and do a 100 thousand mile service.

While Jim was doing the truck stuff, I managed to get the kids to their haircut appt.

Saturday morning started at the crack of dawn to get the dogs out and exercised before the Halloween Classic Soccer Tournament started. We left for soccer at 7:45 loaded up with chairs, coolers and team gear! We didn't get home til 4:30 pm. Sunday was the same way!

I guess I will put it in a nutshell. This weekend we managed to:

* Get the kids haircuts
* Fix the broken down truck
* Watch/play 7 soccer games
* Win second place in the tournament for the girls - YEA!
* Make ghost shaped cookies with the girls jersey numbers on them
* Take the dogs for 2 walks
* Get groceries
* Order a new washer and a new dryer

Oh, and we managed the death of Abraham, Gracie's gold fish! Friday nite, she let out a cry for help when she saw poor Abraham swimming sideways. We called our local animal coroner to help....that would be Jim! There was about 1 hour of sobbing before she calmed down.

And you wonder why I love to work! My office is calm and quiet and my desk hold a nice warm cup of tea. I need a day of work after that crazy weekend!

No comments: