Friday, October 30, 2009

Thankful Thoughts

I am going to use the month of Thanksgiving to try every day to take a minute and think of something I am thankful for in my life. Even more than just thinking about it, I want to consider why that particular thing is important to me and what I can do to pass forward that thankful feeling I get each day.

This might sound corny but in my very busy life, I often miss the little things, which are often so meaningful, because I am rushing from one task to another.

I am warming up today and have already thought of my first "Thankful Thought" -- I am so very thankful that every day when I get home from work, at least one of my kids meets me in the drive way with both of my dogs! They all welcome me home and help me carry in my stuff! No one ever asked them to to this. They do it because they are happy to see me. I have always sort of just taken this for granted. And it struck me on Wednesday that I am very lucky to have such a fantastic welcoming committee!

No comments: