Thursday, August 14, 2008

New School

We had Drew's orientation for his new school last nite and it was great. I am truly not sure who is more excited....Drew or me.

These statements say it all....on our way out, Jim says, "I am so excited, I wish I could play sports here!"....to which I respond, "I am so excited, I wish I could go to class here!" Therein lies the difference between mom and dad! Drew just shook his head.

We spent about 2 hours at orientation. Drew got his classes and got to walk around to each of his classrooms and even got to meet his math teacher. We also purchased additional books, PE clothes and some school t-shirts and a sweatshirt. There is no uniform at this school but the kids have to wear clothes that don't have logos or emblems on them. To make it easy, they have the option of wearing t-shirts with the school name and logo on it. We made three trips to his locker to practice the lock! It was tough at first but after a bunch of practice, he got it down.

I think we may take another trip there today to check it out again. And this time, little sis wants to go....she was very interested in hearing every detail!

No comments: