Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Absurd Camping

This last weekend we went camping right on the beach in a State Beach campground. It was absurd camping. Absurd because we were sandwiched in between 30 other campers. It is a spot that is great because its literally right on the beach but we are not use camping 15 feet from another person! Plus it was a public place so people were walking down the sidewalk - which was 1 foot from the camper - all day. The benefit of being on the beach makes it worth going there once every 5 years....but I am not sure I could handle more than that.

Plus, we camped in a camper which we are not use to. The kids thought it was great. They each had a comfy bed and a real pillow - instead of sleeping on the ground or on the boat with a rolled up sweatshirt as a pillow!

The morning we were there, there was triathalon. We had a great time watching it. They swam in the ocean for the swimming part and ran down the beach for the running part, so we watched pretty much the whole thing. I especially enjoyed watching while eating my cinnamon roll and thinking about how dumb triathalons are! (Read: I was jealous I was not doing it!)

No comments: