Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hot Mamas Book Club

I think I had mentioned that I tried to join a book club but gave it up before the first meeting due to the stupid nature of the book! It was about ghosts, incest and mental illness! DUMB!

Since that did not work out, I decided to start my own book club....actually it was Auntie Debbie's idea but she is making me do all the work!

So we have our first meeting on May 16th and we already have a club name and tag line:

Hot Mamas Book Club

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss
But not to worry that we are stuffy and academic. On the contrary. We believe:
  • That book clubs are for snacking
  • That life is too short to read dumb books
  • That "deep" is good for a lake but not for a book
  • That People Magazine is classic literature
Our first book is Certain Girls - check it out: http://www.simonsays.com/specials/Certain-Girls/book.html

No comments: