Wednesday, April 02, 2008

CRASH!

I have been so busy that I have failed to report that I was in an accident right before we went on vacation. I was coming out of a parking lot after interviewing someone over breakfast and ran into a poor young guy in a honda civic. He didn't have a chance agains my beast! Luckily I was only going about 5 miles per hour. What happened was he was right behind a huge truck in a turn in the road. He was on the far side of the truck so I literally could not see him. So I started to go, saw him and put on my brakes right away.....but not before making contact. I am pleased to report that I was NOT on the cell phone, changing the radio station or texting! I was totally alert and just could not see the little car behind the big truck on a turn.

He was a young guy and was totally shell shocked. I took a quick assessment of the situation, determined no one was injured and went about all the tasks necessary for me to move on.

All he wanted to do was call the police. I knew that was going to take hours in the middle of rush hour traffic. So I gave him all the information I was required to give him and told him I was leaving. I told him he was welcome to call the police but I was not required to stay and that I would suggest that if was going to call the police, he should make sure he had up to date insurance paperwork as what he gave me was expired!

I hit his front right vendor and tore it up. All that happened to my rig was my license plate got knocked off.

So I just got my truck looked at last nite by the body shop and they buffed out the paint on my bumper, put my license plate back on and we called it good! Everyone gives me such a hard time about driving such a beast but it literally is a tank and I feel so safe in it!

No comments: