Friday, October 05, 2007

Drew the Bodyguard

Tonite Drew and Gracie are going to a carnival at the school of their best friends Kayla and Maddie.

Two days ago I talked to Kayla on the phone and told her how much both the kids were looking forward to going. She told me she was really glad that Drew was coming with her because there were 4 boys in her class who liked her and would be trying to following her around and get her to go on rides with them. "But", she said, "with Drew there, I can tell them I am here with someone else....and anyway it takes all four of them to make one Drew!"

I cracked up and asked her if she was going to tell Drew about is role as bodyguard and protector. She said that she was, but "only when he was in the car and there was no turning back"!

So that night I told Drew about the story. And I thought I would spit out my dinner at his response....

I told him the whole story about what she said and ended with her statement that "it would take four of those boys to equal one Drew"......at which point he lifted up his arms like a body builder and flexed his muscles!!!

Cracked me up!

Anyway - he loved the story and is pleased to play the protector role for his best friend!

No comments: