Thursday, February 15, 2007

Junie B Jones

"My name is Junie B. Jones. The B stands of Beatrice. Except I don't like Beatrice. I just like B and that's all. "

These are the beginning lines from books by my favorite children's author, Barbara Park. She writes the June B. Jones series which is targeted towards kindergarten and 1st grade students. The main character is Junie B who is a spunky littel girl who has a hard time keeping her slightly outrageous personaility under control. Some of the titles of her books include:

* Junie B Jones and the Stinky Smelly School Bus
* Junie B Jones and Handsome Warren
* Junie B Jones Almost a Flower Girl (in which she wished that the girl who was chosen to be the flower girl got a really bad case of lice she could take her job!)
* June B Jones Boss of the Lunchroom (in which she was thrilled to be wearing a hair net!)

This little girl is full vigor and constantly getting herself in a predicament! We read the books out loud as a family and laugh out loud at them.

So.....you are wondering why I am telling you this.....

Read this:

"My name is Junie B. The B stands for Bulldog. Except I don't like Bulldog. I just like B and that's all."

Got it?

I think I found the name for my bulldog.... JUNIE B!

What do you think?

No comments: