Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Girls Scrapbooking Weekend

I spent the weekend at the cabin with two of my girlfriends who scrapbook. We have been talking about this weekend for over a year - but it was delayed due to pregnancies and little babies that they both had.

We literally scrapbooked all weekend. I did a school album for both kids that I am really happy with. I just did 2 to 4 pages per school year, which included pics of the first day of school, their school pic and a class pic. It is really neat to be able to flip a couple pages and see them grow up and see their classmates in the class pics grow up also.

The other album that I started was Gracie's "Bones and Dynamite" album. (If you are a loyal blog reader, you know that this is her nickname.) This is an album that I have done that captures her spirit. I am really pleased at how it has turned out. It highlights:

* her being "power bait girl" (power bait is what you use to catch trout) - in the pic she is wearing a pink hello kitty bathing suit and converse high tops!
* her swimming with dolphins in Hawaii - including a pic of her kissing a dolphin
* her 3 years of playing soccer
* her and her best friend Maddie
* her freakishly long tongue
* her ability at 7 years old to hike 6 miles to 9000 feet!

She truly is made of bones and dynamite! I am going to continue to add pages as she grows up. I hope that she will be able to look back it years from now and realize what a strong person she is and has been.

While at the cabin we were lucky to see an albino deeer that has been hanging around the area. I had read about the deer in the local paper but never thought I would see it. I had walked into the bedroom and looked out the window and was SHOCKED when I saw a pure white deer in the lot next to our house. I ran and got some carrots and went out to the deck. The minute I threw a carrot out the deer came over with no reservation. He ate 10 to 15 carrots while we took pictures. As soon as I have a digital pic, I will post it as you will not believe it!

No comments: