Thursday, July 20, 2006

The good and the bad

This is a blog about my life and the lives of those I love. Life is a series of ups and downs and fortunately my life has been blessed with mostly "ups". But "downs" have to come and we had one occur last nite - my Grandpa ( my Dad's dad) died. We are so happy that we just saw him in June when we were in Chicago and when we saw him he was healthy and happy and we were at a celebration for my Aunt's birthday....so the memories are good.

The details are sketchy as my parents are still enroute to Chicago but what we know is that he collapsed and died at home. He was 84. I already have a request into GOD that I go the same way when I am 84 - quickly and with no pain while still healthy and mentally alert.

I will be travelling to Chicago on Sunday to attend the service on Monday. I will visit with my Dad's family and return on Weds. We have decided that Jim and the kids will not come since we were all just there.

Please say a quick prayer for strength for my Grandmother, my Dad and his siblings. And hug those people that you love.

No comments: