Friday, April 07, 2006

San Juan Bautista Field Trip


Here is a great pic from inside the San Juan Bautista Mission. The California missions are a big area of study in the 4th grade in California and classes go on a field trip to the closest mission. I chaperoned the trip and was matched up with Drew and 2 of his buddies. We always get the comment "Drew is so tall"....this pic shows you why we always hear that. These are 2 kids the same age as Drew and you can see the differences in there heights. At 10 years old, he wears the same size shoe as me and I have BIG feet!

I had a really funny thing happen on the field trip. A kid I was walking with was chatting with me and telling me about his family. Immediately following a story about his sister, without taking a breath, he says to me, "I have been wanting to ask my dad what a sperm is". You can imagine my shock! We are just walking along, chatting and eating girl scout cookies and he busts out that statement! My response: "That is a great question for your dad!" Then I said a quiet prayer for him not to ask me anything! I figured since I was standing right next to a mission there must have been a direct line to God and he heard my prayer because no questions followed.

No comments: