Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Lydia turn in

On February 10, Lydia went off to professional training, also known as doggy college.   Mimi joined me in the drop off and celebrations.   Above is Lydia on the right and her sister Lupine on the left.
The way it happens is you go to campus and they get a special matriculation cape and you take pics of them in the cape - see below.  Then you have brunch and chat with other puppy raisers.  After that you go to another location for the matriculation ceremony and the graduation for those service dogs graduating with their people!  Above is that ceremony and below are the slides I provided for Lydia.
The puppies walk across the stage and get a graduation tassel.   Unfortunately, Lydia was in heat so we had to leave her on campus.  Which was ok with me, I didn't want to cry walking across the stage!  There were definitely tears, especially when puppy raisers handed their puppies leashes to their new person.  It gets me every time.




 
Lydia sitting proud in her matriculation cape.  She was sooooo good at turn in.  Even Mimi said she was better than the other dogs.  Of course, I never told anyone that she chased a cat on our way out the door to go to turn in!  Naughty butt!


I have high hopes for this sweet girl.  But whatever path she chooses, we will support her whole heartedly.

No comments: