Sunday, June 10, 2018

Lake Eleanor


Right before Memorial Day, we took a quick 2 nite backpacking trip to Lake Eleanor in Yosemite.  Luckily we had very good weather as that time of year you always have the chance snow or rain.   It was a great trip to explore an area that we have only ever visited for day hikes.

Permit from the Groveland Ranger Station

Starting off on the trail

Heading down the trail to the lake

On the damn


There were lots of wild flowers and a lot of butterflies going after the nectar.   We also saw three snakes - no rattlers but we were super careful.

Selfie in my happy place - backpacking


We had a new meal - lentil soup.  I brought fresh spinach to add to it and it was yummy!




We hiked up to Frog Creek which is an area that we have heard about but never seen.  It has really good fishing but the creek wasn't open yet so we just played around making rock statues!



I used my bivy sack for the first time!  I really liked it - it's a great option for a trip where the weather is pretty much guaranteed.  We got rain the second nite and I was still dry inside.



No comments: