Friday, June 15, 2018

KY Cousin Visit

Playing in the sand in Santa Cruz

Jess, Jen and Amaya did a whirlwind Norcal trip while here for 10 days.  They did Monterey, San Juan Bautista, Santa Cruz, SF, Oakland and Yosemite!






We went to the cabin for 4 days and spent one whole day on Don Pedro tubing, jet skiing, fishing and floating.  It was actually the kids Senior Trip to the cabin so they had our cabin and we had grandma and grandpas.   It was fun to hang out with the kids a little bit.



Sweet Amaya Papaya!
We took one day to go into Yosemite and Jim took Jen and Jess on a hike to Vernal Falls while I hung out with Amaya.


Amaya and I collected treasures, had a picnic in the truck and then hiked one mile to the trail head to wait for mama and mommy.  Unfortunately as soon as we got there, I could see melt down in her eyes, so we turned around and started heading back.  After about 20 yards, I looked down and I could tell she was DONE - so I picked her up and she immediately fell asleep.....which means I had to carry her a mile back to the car!  Thank goodness I had been training for a backpacking trip or I would have died!


After Yosemite, we went to the kids cabin and bbqed them some ribs and played some cornhole.  It will go down in history as the time Patrick and I spanked K and Bug - 21 to zero!!!


Vernal Falls



Jim took them to SF for a quick tour of the bridge and Fisherman's Wharf.  They literally hit all the sites and still managed to attend G's graduation and a couple grad parties!

Looking forward to when the come back!

No comments: