Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas 2016


We were lucky enough to celebrate xmas at the cabin this year!  My folks went to my brother's house so it was just Grandma Anna and Grandpa Roy and us.  We started on xmas eve with fondue - see upside down pic - I can't figure out how to change it but thought it was fun anyway!  We ate like pigs and really enjoyed it.


Then we opened gifts on xmas morning and had a yummy gluten free casserole (potatoes, eggs, cheese, sour cream, etc) for brunch.  Grandma's favorite gift was a sweatshirt from Grandpa!  My favorite gifts were my collapsible walking sticks and Grace loved her new camera!  Jim immediately started reading his book about Warren Miller (the ski movie guy), Drew loved his new tent and Roy loved his new slippers!  Even the dogs loved the 3 new monkey toys Grandma Anna got them!


Grandma's new sweatshirt!



Corn hole!

Oh - it's hard to pick my favorite gift because Jim and the kids made me a corn hole game which is super fun and is extra special because it is home made!  And it is such good quality that it will be around for years and years.  I can picture the kids playing corn hole with their kids using it!  

Collapsible walking stick - makes it easier to transport by airplane!


After a bunch of game playing with the grandparents, Grace and I went for a hike down to the creek so she could try out her camera.  The pic above was taken with the new camera using the timer.  The out takes were hilarious and included Grace running into the pic and one with just Hops butt in it!


It was fun to play corn hole on the deck...until one of the bean bags went over the side.  Being the problem solvers we are, we taught Hops to go get them!  Smart girly!


No comments: