Monday, February 08, 2016

Ahi the Patient


Ahi ended up in the hospital after the Superbowl because she had vomiting and diarrhea.   I spent the second half of the game following her around counting the number of times she was barfing.  Once it got to 10 and she couldn't keep water down, it was time to go to the doggie ER.



They kept her overnite on IV's and anti nausea meds and she was doing better --  but she was still having diarrhea issues so they kept her all day today.  Then later today they had trouble getting her to eat.  So I went down this afternoon with rice, cottage cheese and some cooked ground turkey.  She ate turkey immediately and even ate some rice and cottage cheese.  We hung out and had a little picnic!  Then she had some water.  The food stayed in her the whole time I was there.

Weener and mama selfie

I decided to leave her til 7pm tonite and then will go get her and bring her home! I wanted to make sure the food stays reasonably within her system!

My poor sweet wiener.

No comments: