Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Crow

I have been doing yoga regularly for years now.  I used to be a naysayer because I was such a cardio junky.  But all the running for cardio took a toll on my feet.  So now I do a much more balanced workout with cardio and yoga - which leads to less foot pain.

One of the poses in yoga that I have practiced for years and have never been able to do is the crow.  This is a pose where you squat down and then lean forward placing your hands on the ground.  You then lean over your hands and place your knees on your triceps.  You lean enough to where your feet come off the ground and your hands are holding your whole body weight in crouched position.

I never thought that I would be able to do it because I am not very strong.  But I always tried because even a little bit of weight leaning into your hands would build muscle.

So - yesterday, I tried it and I did it!  Wa La!  Just like that!  Me.  In the crow position!



No comments: