Sunday, July 20, 2014

Vertical Garden

Before


I got motivated from my trip to Flora Grubb to do a vertical succulent garden.  I have been going to take a class to teach me how but then I decided I could do it with the help of my contractor (Jim) and my assistant (Grace).

Yesterday Grace and I went to Goodwill and picked up this frame for $7.  Then we got some of the material at Lowe's.  We were stumped on some of what we needed so Jim and I went to OSH last nite to get the rest of the supplies.

Today we made the frame using moss, dirt and chicken wire.  Then Grace and I went to OSH and bought a bunch of small succulents (see raw materials pic).  I thought we had tons and would have a bunch of leftover but we used it all!

It was really fun to do and I love the way it looks!


Step 1 - frame and chicken wire
Step 2 - Moss
Step 3 - Dirte

Ready to plant
Raw material
Finished product

No comments: