Thursday, October 24, 2013

"Tom" Update

"Tom" called me on Monday nite to thank me for the assistance. 

He reported that his is "just fine".  He went on to tell me that he had gone to an urgent care center (not the ER where they were taking him so I assume he refused care at the hospital) and that the doc did an EKG said he was fine and that he just needed to eat more! 

I was shocked and told him that this was great news but that I wanted to make sure he knew that we couldn't even get a pulse on him.  His response was that he used to run marathons so his resting pulse rate was really low!  And then he added that he had drank a lot of pomegranate juice and that lowers the blood pressure!

My assessment is that this guy is in denial and did not get the care that he needed.  I suspect he didn't give the doc a full description of the event.

Let's just say that I am NOT sitting next to him on the bus anymore....because I won't be surprised if it happens again.

No comments: