Friday, October 04, 2013

Free is Good Fair

We have a "Free is Good Fair" at work every 6 months.  It works like this:  Employees bring in items they no longer want and we put them out like a garage sale.  The marketing department also brings out overstock items, items that have old logos, etc.

We set up for a couple hours in the morning and then at 11:30 am people start lining up.  At noon, we let them in and its a free for all.   AND everything is FREE!

I have worked the last couple fairs because my admin is really involved.  In fact, I bring stuff in that I want to donate, all year, and leave them under her desk.

There is a lot of good stuff at these events.  And since I am working set up (along with 3 other coworkers) we get the first pick of the litter!  Check out my find this year - below!  I only got it because I thought G would like to play it - I had no idea it was valuable.



My Free is Good Fair haul - a guitar signed by Earth, Wind and Fire!


No comments: