Wednesday, September 11, 2013

No limitations



I have a dear friend, Missy, who I respect for many reasons:  her positive attitude, her excellent parenting of two amazing daughters and her ability to focus on what is important.  So when I got the message below from her, it was very, very meaningful.

From Missy:
 
 "Just saw the pictures on your blog with Gracie playing football. Jim and Roy must be beaming from ear to ear (of course not to mention you and everyone else). What a truly amazing daughter you and Jim have raised. There are no boundaries or ceilings in her world and that is because she was raised without limitations or bias imposed on her. Her confidence, courage, and vision to do anything she wants is truly a gift. What an inspiration to everyone around her regardless of age and gender."

This message made me cry - and for those of you who know me, that is saying something.  I have worked for the last 14 years to raise Grace just as Missy described, but I have never so precisely verbalized my goal.  I had merely stated my goal as to raise "a strong, kick ass girl".  Missy said it much better and I will be forever grateful for that!  Thanks Missy for taking the time to notice and for saying something.  Love you!

And...cheers to kick ass girl power!


No comments: