Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Busy Day

It has been a very busy day today.  I have been following the Rim Fire at the cabin.  At about noon today the fire jumped the containment line and they started evacuating the community our cabin is in.  We confirmed about an hour ago that they are evacuating our section of the community.  The fire is currently 5% contained.  Here are some recent pics:


This is our airport - they are using it for fueling planes

This is the ranger station we always go to














While I was monitoring the fire, the dalmatian (and eyebrow) fairy stopped by our house.....  I think I need to go back to work....I am started to do crazy stuff with my free time!


And then... as I was walking in from the grocery store, I heard a scream coming from across the street.  I ran over there to find that the sister of one of our neighbors took a header on the side walk and her glasses broke into her face.  She also lost consciousness so I called 911.  Our neighbor was absolutely hysterical so I had to take control of the situation.  Drew came out to help and immediately asked if she was breathing....he actually sounded disappointed when I said "yes"!  He wanted to try out his CPR skills!  She ended up needing stitches and an xray of her head but will be ok.


I hope tomorrow will be quieter.  AND I hope our cabin is ok.

No comments: