Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Chicken Wings

This week's TNDC is Oryann's bday edition. Oryann, also known as Ry, is one of Gracie's best friends and LOVES TNDC....who doesn't? So they have been planning the menu for her birthday TNDC for weeks. We plan to have spaghetti, meatballs, bread and salad.

But the girls want to have chicken wings too because they love them. Yesterday in the car, the were having a conversation about how many chicken wings we need and this is how it went down:

Ry: I have been thinking about how many chicken wings we need.

Grace: I love chicken wings.

Ry: I love them too.

Ry: Drew......Mikey......they eat A LOT (those are the big brothers)!

Grace: They come in buckets of 25 and 50 at Wingstop.

Ry: I think we need 150.

Me: There will only be 18 of us and I don't eat them.

Ry: But Drew will eat yours.

Grace: Yea, at least 100.


Me: We are having spaghetti and meatballs too.


Ry: Yea, I think we need 150.


So then I told Ry's mom about this conversation and she filled me in on her follow up conversation with Ry:

Ry: Mom, when are you going to get the food because we need like 150 wings. Chris says there is 18 people coming. And Drew needs loompa but not just his own some for everyone else, so like 40. (Note - loompa is actually lumpia, which are egg rolls but Drew can never remember what they are called and renamed them loompa.)

Ry's mom: Really..150 wings and 40 loompas? Wow, that’s a lot.

Ry: Yea but we all eat a lot and this food is GOOD. (note the emphasis on GOOD and the implication that the other food is NOT as good and therefore not as much is consumed)

Ry's mom: Gross. Ok. Whatever you say its your bday (in her head she was saying there is not a chance in hell I am getting 150 wings and 40 loompa!)


I LOVE these girls! Most pre-teen girls are thinking about boys, music, clothes, the mall.... Ours are thinking about chicken wings....and lots of them!





No comments: