Tuesday, March 27, 2012

An experiment?

I am currently smack dab in the middle of an unplanned experiment.

Last nite, I left my cell phone at work. That means no texts or phone calls until tomorrow morning when I go back to the office.

It's been a really interesting experience.

I sent out an email to a bunch of my contacts who I am in pretty constant contact with to let them know that I am going "old school" and to call me at home if they need me.

So last nite:

I was pelted with email responses about how:
They can't possibly manage without being able to text me for 24 hours
They would contact me via postal mail if they need me (not effective!)

And:
Our home phone rang off the hook
People got smart and started texting Jim and having him relay messages to me

I have to say that I have a total sense of peace knowing I can not use my phone. And that is coming from someone who has their phone with them literally 24/7.

No comments: