Thursday, September 08, 2011

The Good Son

Drew's Grandmas and Grandpas act as his personal taxi drivers for all his activities. We have an elaborate schedule for them to make sure all his events are covered.

Last nite, we were chatting and he asked who was taking him this morning. I told him and then he proceeded to tell me that he really enjoys the time he spends with his Grandmas and what he likes about each Grandma when they drive him places:

* He likes talking to Grandma Anna about sports and football!

* He likes talking to Grandma Kathy about the news and how Pepper got a bad hair cut!

A friend once told me that she was so impressed with how good Drew is to his grandparents and how respectful he is to them. Last nite I realized it is really much more than that.....he truly enjoys the relationship he has with them and appreciates the enrichment they bring to his life.

Regardless of his up and down grades, his occassional teenage grumpiness or anything else I might complain about, I see the man he is growing into and I could not be prouder. He is a good, kind, empathetic teenager who is growing into a man who will make a tremendous husband and father.

And.....I know, he will always be a good son to me!

No comments: