Thursday, November 04, 2010

Phil the Dog

This morning while walking the dogs, I saw my neighbor who always walks with her dog, “Phil”. She is a grumpy old lady who always scowled at us...until the day I rescued Phil when she got out in 105 degree weather and was running around the neighborhood panting like crazy. I rescued her and brought her into the air conditioning and kept her for 6 hours until they got home.

I rescued Phil one other time when she got out. By that time, she knew a good thing, so when she got out, she just came straight to my front door and sat on my porch!

This morning the lady was walking alone.

I approached her and asked where Phil was...and she started crying. Phil died on Saturday after having a tumor that made her cough. The lady was crying and crying and telling me all the details...which made me cry too. SO sad. But to think...she went from grumpy old lady to a lady that would cry while telling me about her dog!

The love of dogs brings people together.

No comments: