Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Physical Therapy


I have been seeing a physical therapist for 7 weeks now for my shoulder. We are doing this treatment of shooting anti inflammatory drugs into my shoulder with electrical stimulation. We are trying it because last time I had surgery on my other shoulder, it was the thing that finally stopped the pain.

We have done 6 treatments so far and the maximum allowed is 8. So far....NO change in my shoulder.

I am also resting it, icing, taking meds and doing exercises. I have cut back my activity involving my shoulder by about 95% and it is making me CRAZY! I promised my physical therapist that I would not do any spinning for 3 weeks and would not do other activity that aggravated it.

Yesterday when I went in to see her, she was not happy with my hiking over the weekend - I had to do a lot of scrambling over rocks. I was telling her about it because I could really feel the pain while trying to steady myself using that shoulder. Then she almost threw me out of the office when I told her I was jet skiing. I had to explain that I rode the jet ski like an old lady taking a Sunday stroll!

I am just about done with this plan of action. Two more weeks of treatments and then....surgery seems like it will be the best option.

No comments: