Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A time of transition

Our family is in a time a transition. Our oldest generation is passing on and leaving the next younger generation to move into the patriarch and matriarch roles.

My Grandma (my dad's mom) died last week, leaving my dad as the oldest member of his family. My Grandma was 87.

My Grandpa (my mom's step father) is in the final stages of his life now. He is in bed and doesn't barely eat. Thankfully my mom was able to visit him while there for my Grandma's funeral (they live in another state). And I have just put a bunch of pictures in the mail with hopes that he will be alert enough when they arrive to enjoy them. I did get a chuckle today when my mom said that they put some polka music on for Grandpa today and he wiggled his toes!

God bless them both! And give us all strength and peace to accept this period of transition.

No comments: