Monday, July 26, 2010

Backpacking Prep

We are getting ready for a backpacking trip to Kibbie Lake (http://www.everytrail.com/guide/kibbie-lake-yosemite) and are having as much fun getting ready as we will on our trip.

Yesterday, we spent half the day at REI and Any Mountain. I got a new pair of boots because my boots were causing my toes to bruise (ouch). And we got some freeze dried food.

I wanted to try putting freeze dried eggs in some ramen to make it healthier and add some protein. So yesterday, my dorky husband (picture him wearing his head lamp in the kitchen in the middle of the day!) set up our backpacking stoves in the kitchen and made a test meal for me: ramen with freeze dried scrambled eggs mixed in. YUK! EWWWW! GROSS! The eggs were like eating ground up super balls. So glad we did a test run because there is no way we could have eaten it on the trail!

I think we will stick with plain old ramen with some veggies in it!

No comments: