Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Muddy Buddy 2010




Muddy Buddy 2010 was a huge success....which means we were able to finish it!! And actually we did the course in 1 hour 7 minutes and 44 seconds and finished 509th (509out of over 1200 teams) overall and 19th in our group (19 out of 57). I am thrilled.

The course went like this:

First leg: I rode 1 mile up hill while Cindy ran. The transition obstacle was a rock wall.

2nd leg: I ran 1.3 miles over a dry, in the sun, no wind trail on the top of the mountain, while Cindy rode. The next transition obstacle was a balance beam.

3rd leg: I rode downhill 1.3 miles while Cindy ran. I was singing hallelujah after that hot run! I sped down the hill barely in control at times. Next transition was an inflatable with a rope ladder on one side and a STEEP slide on the other (the slide was the scariest part of the whole day)!

4th leg: I ran 1.4 miles while Cindy rode. This leg felt like it went on and on. The obstacle transition was crawling under a cargo net....in the very dry, hot grass.

5th leg: I rode 1.3 miles while Cindy ran. This is where I saw a man down and being attended to by paramedics - it was hot! I met up with Cindy at the end and we ran to the mud pit and dove in!

The mud pit was an interesting experience - I had never crawled thru mud before. It was cold, slimy and hard on the knees. Especially when my husband jumped into the pit and tackled me!

Jim and Drew were a team and they came up with a time of 1 hour 43 minutes!!!!! But we think the time is wrong. I think that they took Jim's time when he came out of the mud pit with Cindy and I after jumping in with us because they had already been in for a long time and went thru the starting line about 45 minutes before us. I suspect they came in around the same time as us. Although....you should have seen the victory dance I did when I thought Cindy and I beat them!!!! It was a mixture of the chicken dance, the macarena and a bad seizure!

Let me know if you are interested in participating next year. I would love to get a big group of people together and make a big party out of it! I will even share my 10week training plan with you!

No comments: