Wednesday, May 06, 2009

What happens when you die?

My mom's Uncle Doc just died in Florida. (He was 96) My mom went to Florida to help his wife, Aunt Loretta, go back to Illinois for the service. That included flying Uncle Doc's body to Illinois -- which led to all kinds of conversations in our house.

Here is a conversation between Drew and I:

Drew: How is Uncle Doc getting to Illinois?
Me: He flies in the belly of the plane.
Drew: In a coffin?
Me: Yes
Drew: Ewwww, that's gross. When you die, do you want to fly anywhere?
Me: No, I don't have anywhere to fly to, I want my ashes sprinkled at Cherry Lake.
Drew: That's right. Well, I guess I will have to drive you there.
Me: Right. Just make sure you bungee cord me into the car, so I don't spill all over when you go over a bump.
Drew: I will put you in my cool ski boat I will be towing. Right next to the wake boards.
Me: Can you at least put me by the fishing gear?
Drew: OK
Me: I want to be by the pink power bait.
Drew: OK - but that might be where Dad wants to be.
Dad: Nope - I want to be by the chartreuse power bait.
Drew: OK

Glad we have that all worked out!

No comments: