Monday, January 05, 2009

Sniff

I went up to my folks house yesterday afternoon to pick up Drew's new feather bed from their garage. They are on their way to the Panama Canal on a cruise and did not want Drew to have to wait until they returned to get the feather bed. So I ran up there yesterday planning to do a quick run in, grab it and be on my way. But as long as I was there, I thought I would check on things.....that is where I made my mistake.

I did a walk around the outside of the house, making sure there was no broken windows, packages left out, etc. I found a utility closet outside the house open. I looked in thinking the wind probably blew it open and was going to close it. That is when I smelled gas.....

It is one of those times where you hope you are hallucinating because you really don't want to deal with it. So I walked away and then walked back...sniffing. Yep! That was gas!

Hours of work later, PG&E comes out, finds a leak in the manifold and fixes it!

I guess I was lucky to have noticed as it would have been bad if the house blew up while they were gone!

No comments: