Monday, October 06, 2008

Random Thoughts

It has been a while since I have posted random thoughts. I think I have been too busy to ponder random thoughts...but I had a thought this morning....

There are two things that I have been really enjoying lately:

* Steel cut oatmeal
* "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson

They are not related at all, so don't try to find the link.

Steel cut oatmeal is also known as Irish oatmeal and it is way less processed that our Quaker Oats oatmeal. That means it is really "meaty" and has a nutty flavor. Grace says that it tastes like rice if you don't put brown sugar on it! Anyway, I eat if for breakfast with golden raisins, brown sugar and walnuts. It is really yummy - you should try it! I buy it at Trader Joes. I have also seen it at Nob Hill - but it was way more expensive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel-cut_oats

"Three Cups of Tea" is a book about an amazing American who built schools in Pakistan. The book not only gives you a better understanding of that part of the world but it also highlights the good in people and the similarities of people regardless of your location, religion or ethnic background. "Three Cups of Tea", refers to: the first cup of tea with someone - you are a guest, the second cup of tea - you are a friend, the third cup of tea - you are family. Nice way to look at life.

No comments: