Monday, March 01, 2021

Grant Ranch Hike

We took a hike on Sunday with Drew and Kaylene and Oak and Hops.  G opted out as did Astrid who is in heat, and Ahi who has a sore leg and just got a bunch of vaccinations.
We did the Dutch Flat, Brush, Dairy Trail, which was advertised as 5.7 miles but in reality was 8.3!  Good thing we are in decent shape and had snacks and water.  As it was, the dogs drank all our water.
It was a stunning day - we walked up on the ridge that looked over into the Santa Clara Valley and we could even see the end of the bay.
As per usual, I look for new plants, animals or insects so that I can journal each of my hikes for 2021 with a goal of 52 hikes.  I am off to a good start with 16 hikes for January and February.  My favorite new plant of today's hike was the Pacific Hounds Tongue!  It is particularly fun to see how different plants pop up at different times of the year.

 

No comments: