Sunday, December 30, 2018

Family Heirloom


A few months ago Aunt Nancy contacted me and asked me if I thought Grace would like to have the baby quilt that was Grandpa Roy's.  The question literally brought tears to my eyes!  Of course my answer was YES!

So she sent it to me and told me to give it to G when I thought the time was right.   I thought Christmas when Grandma Anna and Grandpa Roy were there would be perfect.


The quilt was made for Roy, before he was born, by his Grandmother.  This would be Grace's Great, Great Grandmother.   It was used for Roy and his two siblings who followed:  Uncle Glen and Aunt Nancy.  The quilt was made from old clothes from Roy's mother, Frances.

Aunt Nancy reported that she kept the quilt folded at the foot of her bed until she was 21.

The quilt is incredibly good shape for being 82 years old.  Grace will treasure it forever and we hope to preserve it so she can hand it down to the next generation.

No comments: