Saturday, March 24, 2018

New Pair Shoes


I usually post pics of my own new shoes but it a new twist on things, these are Drew's new lookers!  You can't really tell in the pic but they are dark grey.  They go with his new grey pants, purple shirt and black and grey striped socks.  And he looks incredibly handsome in the whole get up!

Back story:  I recently met the Chief Compliance Officer from a large national construction firm and I was fascinated with his stories of his business - so different from high tech.  I thought this would be a perfect industry for Drew so I reached out to the guy and asked him to point me in the direction of their internships.  He hooked me up with a local HR gal who I introduced to Drew.  Drew and I spent the next few days working on his resume and sharpening his attire while he set up a meeting with the HR gal.  He met her yesterday and had a great interview.  She seemed to like him and was interested in his unique background working in commercial crabbing and fishing.  We are hoping for an internship this summer but even if nothing comes from it, it was a great learning experience.  Drew and I did all these practice interviews with me pretending I was the HR lady and sure enough, she asked two of the questions I asked:  "What's your dream job" and "How are you in math"!

I was super proud of him for his focus and commitment.  And he looked awesome too! 


No comments: