Wednesday, July 26, 2017

YEF Legacy Celebration


I have served on the Board of Directors of the Yahoo Employee Foundation (YEF) for the last few years (and worked as a volunteer on the grants committee for 7 years before that).  When Yahoo was recently purchased, we needed to close the fund, which contained 9 million dollars!


The Board worked diligently to choose non profits that would honor the wishes of all Yahoos who had donated money to YEF for the previous 20 years!  Once the work of choosing and notifying the non profits who were receiving grants, was done we decided to have a celebration.


These are pics from that celebration.  There were about 80 people there - both non profits and the Yahoo's who Championed them.  I was asked to speak because of my 10 year involvement with YEF.  I had the unique perspective to speak as a donor, a committee volunteer, a repeat Champion (I obtained almost half a million dollars in grants for my favorite non profits) and a board member.  The main reason I was asked to speak was due to my previously expressing my belief that my involvement with YEF was the single most important work I had done in my entire career.


The event was so momentous and inspiring.  A number of the non profits talked about how the money they received in the past had been used.....and changed lives!

My org, CCI, came with two of their dogs, Lawson, a breeder and Shioban, a puppy in training.  They were a hit with all at the event.

Part of the YEF board, me, Nancy, Jenn, Gil and Emmy - all are rockstars!

No comments: