Sunday, September 13, 2015

Sanborn training hike

Are we ready to go????

Grace and I did a long training hike today - 6.8 miles in 2 hours and 23 minutes which was a nice pace.  The hike we did was on a brand new trail in Sanborn Park.  We went 3.4 miles uphill and then turned around and came back down.

I felt awesome during the hike but my "dogs" are barking a few hours later. 

Grace's pack was bothering her so we went right to REI and have them adjust it.  While I was waiting for G and sitting outside of REI with Hops a woman came up and asked if she could pet Hops.  Then she told me she had a 2 and half year old lab who looks just like her but is darker yellow.  Come to find out, she is from the same breeder as Hops!  Her pup is named Rebel and lives in Napa.  Small world!

Hiking partners

A new bench on the new trail
 The trail was nice and shady but it was a humid day - so weird for us.

My bandana fell off my pack and landed on Hops!

It was a long hike for Hops - she came home and had a BIG nap!

No comments: