Sunday, January 19, 2014

"Time Out"

I have always known the cabin is very important to me but I had never given it much thought about why...until I got to spend a quiet couple hours by myself sitting on the deck today.

It is my place to get away and recharge myself. 

It is a place to cleanse my soul and connect with the peace and beauty of nature.

It is a place to get away from the noise and the clutter of the real world and allow myself to reflect.

And it is a place to live at a slower pace with my friends and my family. 

When we decided to buy it when Grace was only 1 year old, I didn't realize how important it would be to the development of our family... how it would be the place where we cement our relationships with each other and where we role modeled the importance of family for our children.  Or how it would be the place where I taught the kids traditions like making pierogis at xmas time.  Or where Jim taught them how to fix boats and jet skis.  Or where they learned to be organized and prepared and self sufficient.  This little cabin in the woods is a big part of who our family is and what we have all become as individuals. 

We are truly, truly lucky to have the opportunity to have such a wonderful retreat.


An afternoon on the deck with my doggies

No comments: