Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Elf for the Day!

This week at work, I did a charity event called "Elf for the Day".  A group of us went to a local community center where they hosted needy families to shop for food and xmas gifts - entirely free!  It was a really nicely done event.  Beautifully presented, very respectful and quality items.

My job was a "spotter" for the housewares table.  That meant that when someone chose a gift from that table, I went and replaced it.  The table held things like, blankets, dishes, pots and pans, crock pots, tools, blenders, waffle makers, etc.  Really great stuff!

I also decided on my own that it was my job to organize the miscellaneous grocery table.  This was a table that had all different types of grocery items and the guest could choose five items from the table.  When I showed up there was food thrown all over and in no order.  So I made my job to organize it like a grocery store:  soups together, baking items together, etc.  I wish I had a picture of it -- it was beautiful!  I even had a coworker approach me today and told me she wants me to come over and organize her pantry!




No comments: