Thursday, January 10, 2013

Yummy Quiche

I was having a serious issue with breakfast this morning.  I was STARVING and nothing sounded good.  So finally, I decided to throw together a quiche.  It was AMAZING!  It is a quick quiche recipe using bisquick and I added fresh steamed spinach and roasted onion gouda cheese.  Total gourmet - quick - delish breakfast. 

Quick Quiche
1 cup of eggs (or egg substitute)- I use five eggs
1/2 cup of Bisquick
1/3 cup melted butter  (I use a little less to cut calories)
1 1/2 cup nonfat milk
1/2 to 3/4 cup cheese (this time I used freshly grated roasted onion gouda)
Veggies, ham, bacon, etc. (about half a cup - this time I used fresh steamed spinach but I have also shredded zucchini)
Salt and pepper to taste

Other ideas: 
Use pepper jack cheese and a can of green chilis
Use cheddar cheese and steamed broccoli
Use Monterrey jack cheese, shredded zucchini and dill

No comments: