Monday, November 12, 2012

Trouble in Chubby Town

I have shared with you how great it is to have free food at work.  Not so much from the perspective of it being free but more from the perspective that you can get whatever you want.  Which means I go from station to station and get at the veggies.  Like today, I got a tostada and then got all fired up on my way out to see a pan full of green beans.  So I left with a tostada and a pile of green beans.

That is all well and good because I have been careful at lunch and breakfast to choose only healthy options and of a quantity that is reasonable.

But....today I came in and they changed all the coffee areas in the buildings (one on each floor) and they now have a whole double wide industrial refrigerator full of snacks and drinks and a 6 foot tall shelf full of snacks.  So now I can choose from fruit, yogurt, pudding, veggies, nuts, chips, turkey jerkey, raisins, power bars, granola bars, cereal, etc.   All without even leaving my floor.

So far all I have had is a bowl of cheerios with a banana and skim milk.  But we all know that I will probably break down by 3:30 today and go rummaging around for a snack.






No comments: