Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Random Act of Kindness

I can't believe I almost forgot to blog about this incident:

On Saturday morning, I drove down to Auntie Debbie's new house to go for a walk/hike with her.  She has been wanting me to come down since she moved in and I never have time.  This weekend, I made time.  And we had a delightful morning with the dogs.

When I left, I stopped at her local Starbucks to get a couple teas because I was going to meet Jim at Grace's soccer game.  While standing in line, an older gentlemen walked up and waited behind me.  I turned at one point and smiled at him, thinking nothing about it. (NOTE:  I was sweaty and grubby in a t-shirt, shorts and hiking boots).

When I went to pay for my tea, I handed the gal a $100 bill and she said, "I only have 5's for change."  I responded that 5's were fine with me.  At that point, the older gentlemen stepped up and said, "I will pay for your drinks!"

I protested and said that it was ok, but he insited!  I told him that my husband and I both pay for stranger's coffees at xmas time but no one had ever done it for me!  I was so excited.  It felt so good to be on the other side of a random act of kindness!

Pay it forward people!

No comments: